The Care + Dementia in Suburbs research project is currently in progress. We will update this page as work becomes available. You can also check out our Blog for project updates!
In addition to the Care + Dementia in Suburbs project, members of the Research and Advisory Teams have completed research closely related to care, dementia, urban planning, design, accessibility, older adults and suburbs. We have linked a selection of podcasts, journal articles and other reports for you below. For a full list of publications, see the Team Profiles.
- CBC Radio’s ‘Spark’ on “How urban design can help people with dementia navigate neighbourhoods and public spaces.“
- Developer UK podcast with Christine Murray – “What can people with dementia teach us about the liveability of our places?”
- Dense City with Rebecca Myers – “People living with Dementia and Public Engagement”, a podcast supported by the American Planning Association.
- Biglieri, S. (2018). Implementing dementia-friendly land use planning: an evaluation of current literature and financial implications for greenfield development in suburban Canada. Planning Practice & Research, 33(3), 264-290.
- Biglieri, S. (2021). The right to (re) shape the city: Examining the accessibility of a public engagement tool for people living with dementia. Journal of the American Planning Association, 87(3), 311-325.
- Biglieri, S., & Dean, J. (2021). Everyday built environments of care: Examining the socio-spatial relationalities of suburban neighbourhoods for people living with dementia. Wellbeing, Space and Society, 2, 100058.
- Biglieri, S. (2021). Examining everyday outdoor practices in suburban public space: the case for an expanded definition of care as an analytical framework. In Care and the City (pp. 88-100). Routledge.
- Gaber, S. N., Thalén, L., Malinowsky, C. W., Margot-Cattin, I., Seetharaman, K., Chaudhury, H., Biglieri, S. & Nygård, L. (2022). Social Citizenship Through Out-of-Home Participation Among Older Adults With and Without Dementia. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 07334648221112425.